Fire and Emergency Services, Dept. of
Central Fire Headquarters
75 Masonic Avenue
(203) 294-2730 (Non-Emergency)
Fax: (203) 294-2736
Business Office Hours: Mon thru Fri, 9 am - 5 pm
Fire Chief: Richard Heidgerd
Emergency Management Director (EMD): Richard Heidgerd
Deputy Fire Chief: Stephen Alsup
Deputy Fire Chief: Joseph Czentnar
- Act as liaison with police and civilian dispatchers for fire and emergency medical dispatching through centralized 911 Center located at the Police Department.
- Provide emergency paramedic services at the Paramedic, Ambulance Transport, and Emergency First Responder/Defibrillator levels.
- Offer public fire and emergency medical education.
- Respond as Emergency First Responder to Hazardous Materials emergencies and as local contact for Local Emergency Planning Committee.
- Provide technical rescue services including confine space entry capabilities.
- Respond to fires, accidents and all other emergencies.
- Conduct fire prevention surveys and fire preplanning.
- Act as standby at large community functions.
- Provide general assistance daily to citizens whenever requested.
- Work with local industries to develop emergency plans and conduct emergency drills.
Public Participation Needed - please take this short survey concerning the South Central CT Hazard Mitigation Plan
| | Share