135 North Main Street
Fax: (203) 294-2865
Administration: (203) 294-2828
Administrative Office Hours: Mon thru Fri, 8 am - 4 pm
Chief of Police: William J. Wright
Deputy Chief: John Ventura
Captain: Richard Homestead
- Administration and management of the Police Department.
- The Chief of Police is the Legal Traffic Authority for the Town.
Internal Affairs Citizen Compliment/Complaint Form
Proceso de Halagos o Quejas para los Ciudadanos y Ciudadano Formulario de Queja
Internal Affairs Policy
Wallingford Police Department 2017-2022 Strategic Plan
Citizens Police Academy 2020 Press Release
Citizens Police Academy 2020 Flyer
Citizens Police Academy 2020 Application
The Communications Center handles all calls relating to Police, Fire and Emergency Medical Services.
- Work with residents and merchants to develop shared responsibility for both the prevention and detection of criminal activity.
- Develop and implement comprehensive crime and loss prevention programs.
- Conduct residential and commercial security surveys.
- Coordinate with high school administrators on matters of mutual interest.
Narcotics 24-hr. Tip Line: 203 269-NARC
- Investigate serious criminal cases.
- Conduct comprehensive narcotics investigation.
- Responsible for uniformed law enforcement and public safety within the community.
Office Hours: Mon thru Fri, 8 am - 4 pm
- Police incident and accident reports.
- Criminal history record information
- Public information requests
- Process requests for permits (bingo, raffle, bazaar, firearms, etc.).
- Responsible for the inventory and disposal of property and evidence.
- Investigate motor vehicle accidents and traffic safety complaints.
- Conduct selective enforcement programs (e.g., radar, seatbelt and DWI).
- Participate in traffic safety awareness programs at the local high school.
- Respond to traffic signal malfunctions and coordinate required repairs with the outside contractor.
- Responsible for the installation of street and traffic regulatory signs.
- Emplacement of traffic control signs and barricades for special events and emergencies.
- The Youth Officers handle:
- Criminal matters involving children under the age of 18.
- Non-criminal matters involving children and youths.
- The Youth Officers provide:
- Information and referral services for children and families.
- Crisis intervention.
- Adolescent alcohol and drug abuse information, assessment and referral.
- Safety and delinquency prevention program.
| | Share