45 South Main Street, Room #114
Fax: (203) 294-2109
Office Hours: Mon thru Fri, 9 am - 5 pm
Judge: Philip A. Wright, Jr.
The Probate Court has jurisdisction over a variety of matters, including:
- Probating wills and the administration of estates.
- Overseeing testamentary and living trusts.
- Determining title to real and personal property.
- Construing the meaning of wills and trusts.
- Appointing guardians for persons with intellectual disabilities.
- Appointing conservators of the person and estate for incapable individuals.
- Committing individuals suffering from psychiatric disabilities or drug and alcohol addiction to an appropriate facility.
- Removing guardianship rights of parents and appointing temporary custodians and guardians for minor children.
- Terminating the parental rights of parents who cannot fulfill their parental responsibilities.
- Granting adoptions.
- Granting name changes.
- Approving or disapproving the marriage of minors between the age of 16 and 17.
- Quarantine and isolation orders for public health emergencies.
- Tuberculosis treatment orders.
- Removal of life support and other end-of-life decisions.
| | Share